Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
I have Crohn's disease. Not a really bad case compared to some, but enough that I have to alter my diet a good bit. When Jesus comes to rescue us from this world, He will create a new heavens and a new earth. Not only will my surroundings be redeemed, but I will get a new body - one without blemish or Crohn's! When I am particularly bored with my current menu, I often dream of the bounty that I will enjoy at my Father's table. I think it will look something like this....
- bacon cheeseburgers with everything except onions
- pasta with as much tomato sauce that I could hold
- tortilla chips and Ortega medium salsa (that's right - not even mild!)
- potato wedges fried in that orange season salt stuff
- big, fat, juicy steaks
- macaroni and cheese
- that nasty 3-inch-thick pizza pie from St. Louis that I could only lust after with my eyes
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
- While approximately 1 million Earths could fit inside the Sun, it is actually a medium sized star.
- The dark blotches on the Sun are called sunspots which are cooler areas..... relatively speaking.
- The Sun loses about 4 million tons every second in the form of hydrogen gas that it turns into energy. This means that about 4.5 "pounds" of sunlight hit the Earth every second.
- The Sun takes up 99.8% of our solar system's mass. That's a lot.
- Lightning is 3x hotter than the Sun.
- The light from the Sun takes about 8 minutes to reach Earth.
- You should never stare directly at the Sun... hope that wasn't news to you.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Did you know that "Good bye" comes from the Middle English parting phrase, "God be with ye"? It's funny to think that Microsoft PC's and cell phones wish you the blessing of the presence of Almighty God as you log off of their systems... suck-ahs!!
Friday, October 3, 2008
I'm really, REALLY uneducated about politics, economy, and the like. Beyond the branches of government and the fact that the president lives in the White House, I'm a fish out of water. Well, maybe not that bad but I really don't want to be an uneducated voter. I've been frequenting Wikipedia and Google and talking to family and friends as I try to piece together this political puzzle.
I heard on the news that the "Bailout" was approved and is now on it's way to the House of Reps. today. Now, I know what a bailout is but not necessarily pertaining to Wall Street. In my research, I ran across this article.
If you're interested in a bottom-shelf, unbiased explanation of what has happened and future options and ramifications, it's a good read (although sort of lengthy).
By the way, the term "pork barrel politics" usually refers to spending that is intended to benefit constituents of a politician in return for their political support. It is suggested that it is derived from and early practice of giving slaves a barrel of salt pork as a reward and requiring them to compete among themselves to get their share. Gracias, Wikipedia