Thursday, July 10, 2008

Band Nerds, Unite!


    Rachel, one of my best friends, got married last October. For her bridal gift another best friend, Anna, and I got her tickets to the Drum Corps International Southeastern Championship in Atlanta, GA.  We plan to play in Atlanta the afternoon and evening before, spend the night in a swanky hotel, and then enjoy the show at the Georgia Dome the next day.  


    I was in the marching band in middle and high school, so I may appreciate this more than the average Joe.  Laugh if you will, but I cannot describe to you how excited I am!


    Drum corps is a little different than high school marching band (okay, a LOT different) in that it is only brass and percussion instruments, making the sound quality completely different. Plus, the members are INCREDIBLY talented on their instrument as well as their marching technique.  You wouldn't believe the intricate, lightning-fast formations they make while tearing the music to shreds - in a good way.  


    Anyway, if anyone can relate to my elation for this fantastic event, let me know... Or if you just want to testify to the greatness of band-nerdiness. 

3 comments:

Donna C. said...

As Daddy says, "GO BAAAAND".

Beka Dean said...

And as Beka says, "Neeeeeerd!"

love ya. mean it.

Bocephus said...

Ohhh Sarah! You know I love me some good ol' fashioned band nerdiness! We are kindred spirits!