Sunday, August 17, 2008

Right Here, Right Now.




    Jim and I are sitting in a coffee shop being "groovy".  He's reading Tim Keller's Reason for God and I am, of course, messing around on the Mac-ee-poo.  He's sipping wild sweet orange tea but I don't feel much like a beverage right now.  What I do feel like is an entry on the popular and hilarious blog, Stuff White People Like.  

    Sometimes I think about what life would be like if I were born in a totally different country with a totally different body makeup and a totally different set of values.  Why did God choose to allow me to be born in America, as a little white girl?  I especially thought about this as I watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics (how amazing??).  It's so easy to think that all that exists is my little spot of life.  That what's really important is what's happening, right here, right now.  The world is SO huge.  

    It makes me want to travel.  I really wish it didn't cost money.       

No comments: