Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh man...


So I was browsing blogs and my friend Katie posted her 5 favorite things to do at the beach. The comment that I typed to her became a blog post in itself, so I figured I would go ahead and share. I'm longing to be at the beach and will eventually get there, come December when we go to West Palm... the days need to hurry up!! For you beach bunnies, here is a list of what I do at the beach:

1. sit all day in one of those short chairs right where the waves come up.... of course you have to move it as the tide comes in and out..

2. enjoy an "easy-read" women's novel (NOT a sleezy-read, mind you) while sitting in one of those short chairs.

3. when your hynie falls asleep, walk down to the pier and back, collecting shells and sand dollars..

4. when it gets too hot, float in the water - every once in a while, when you feel like it, body surf a wave

5. when you get hungry, head back to the condo/hotel room for a big sandwich, pringles, and cold crisp red grapes. (don't change out of your suit, of course)... quickly go back out to the beach...

6. when you get back to the beach, build a sand castle/mermaid/turtle/shark until you're exhausted and ready to..

7. take a nice shower, put clean clothes on and, with your loved ones and your boiling sunburn, go eat lots of seafood at an overpriced but delicious restaurant.... collapse into a coma of sleep

8. do it all over again the next day!

Only 99 days to go...

5 comments:

Donna C. said...

Daddy just read this with me and smiled with all his teeth showing, and said, "Isn't she just the most wonderful girl I've ever known . . .except for you, of course" I loved it. We love you. And, of course Jimbo too. Can't wait for those 99 days to go by. We'll both be off work for the whole week. You'll be sick of us.

Anonymous said...

oh this sounds just perfectly relaxing. I have never had a vaction like this--we almost spent our 10 yr. anniversary in Mexico at the beach, but being very pregnant, and with 3 children at home, that just seemed a bit much this past summer...so, maybe someday...

J.E. said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Katie said...

The beach is a wonderful place to be. I'm glad I could inspire you.

Sarah said...

I hate living in the middle of the country...mostly because I miss the beach.