Monday, September 8, 2008

Sunrift Adventures Has My Other Brother...



On Saturday, Jim and I went and helped at the big annual Sunrift sale.  It was from 9-6 and was the craziest, most exhausting fun that I've had in a while.  We arrived at 7:45 am, signed in, picked up our volunteer t-shirts and attended the information meeting.  I was placed bagging behind the register and Jim was a boat loader - Sunrift, of course, sold hundreds of kayaks and canoes on this one day.

I was really not prepared at ALL for what came next.  At exactly 9 am, the doors opened and at least 200 people flooded in, ready to get their better-than-the-day-after-Thanksgiving deals.  Everything from fleece jackets, shorts, sweaters, camping gear, shoes (about 400 pairs sold at the end of the day!) bikes, and other outdoor odds and ends were sold non-stop from 9 until about 1 pm - one long line that fed into 3 registers.  We bagged and tagged constantly and then it slowed down a bit.  If you haven't been, you definitely need to be there next year, the weekend after Labor Day.  You have to see it to believe it.         

I relay all of this information to you for the sole purpose of bragging about my brother.  Thats right, my oldest brother Matt is one of the big wigs at Sunrift (no matter what he says).  I was so proud to be his sister as all day long I heard from other workers and volunteers, "I'm not sure... ask Matt."  Or "I don't know... better clear it with Matt first."  It wasn't just me that saw it either.  At the end of the day, the owner Bo gave big thank-yous to everyone that helped out.  His exact words were, "This wouldn't have happened (i.e., the best sale yet) if it were not for Matt."  Matthew was able to land some prime commercial spots on TV for the sale, including during the Olympics.  



I'm just really glad that I could be there and appreciate what he does.  I simply had no idea.  Love you, Matty.    



1 comment:

Donna C. said...

Oh honey. You're the best. CYK