Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Hiding Place


Corrie Ten Boom's The Hiding Place is one of the most beautiful books I've ever read.  It's sometimes required reading in middle/high school but somehow it escaped my grasp.  I picked it up at work the other day and began reading between sessions.  Of course, I finished it within a week, it was so gripping.  

If you haven't read it, The Hiding Place is about a Dutch family who has a secret room built in the top of their house to hide Jews during the German occupation of Holland.  I won't spoil it for you (it really is a must-read) but the "hiding place" is also Corrie and her family's refuge in their Savior, Jesus Christ.  He is so interwoven into every decision and heartache that they go through.  I don't know how I never read this book, but I'll definitely read it again.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

There is a Hiding Place movie, but it's so old I'm pretty sure you can't get it from RedBox...

gracelaced said...

Sara-it's been so long since I've read or watched this story. I'm glad for the reminder, and I'm always blessed to hear about the books that impact you.

Julie said...

LOVED this book.