Monday, October 20, 2008

One Sweet Day


I have Crohn's disease.  Not a really bad case compared to some, but enough that I have to alter my diet a good bit.  When Jesus comes to rescue us from this world, He will create a new heavens and a new earth.  Not only will my surroundings be redeemed, but I will get a new body - one without blemish or Crohn's!  When I am particularly bored with my current menu, I often dream of the bounty that I will enjoy at my Father's table.  I think it will look something like this....
  • bacon cheeseburgers with everything except onions 
  • pasta with as much tomato sauce that I could hold 
  • tortilla chips and Ortega medium salsa (that's right - not even mild!)
  • potato wedges fried in that orange season salt stuff
  • big, fat, juicy steaks
  • macaroni and cheese
  • that nasty 3-inch-thick pizza pie from St. Louis that I could only lust after with my eyes
But now that I think about it... it's going to be so much more satisfying to just feast my affections, heart, and soul on my Redeemer and King.  The Bread that will cause me to never hunger again.  The Living Water that quenches my deepest thirst.

That feast given by the Bridegroom will be incomparable and everlasting.  I can't wait.

(That's a Five Guys burger, by the way... one of the best... I've heard.)     

3 comments:

jim thompson said...

sooooo good!!! and happy!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah--you do my heart good. I love that you are "feasting" on thoughts about our Lord. Troy's been preaching through the Sermon on the Mount, and has taught much bout hunger, thirst, fasting, and now this week...what it really is to "store up your treasure in heaven." I often wonder if physical limitations on earth are but blessings that help us replace our taste for the world with a hunger for God. Blessings to you.

Kt Masterson E10 said...

I'm a friend of Donna's. First, God is cool. Second, In-N-Out is better than Five Guy's.