Thursday, February 5, 2009

James Walker Thompson V!!

I dreamed last night that Raspberry turned out to be twins, that I was a lot farther along than expected, AND that they realized that my stomach wasn't going to get any bigger and they were going to have to induce extremely early labor... none of that happened today.  Here is our handsome boy!!  


My mom pointed out his foot posture.  It's a Longenecker trait to stand with our feet in a V-shape like this.  Haha!!

Poor James, being subject to such public indecency as this.  He was very modest at first and kept squirming out of the way but finally yielded to the prodding of the ultrasound wand.
  
My yearnings for an obviously pregnant belly have been suddenly replaced with yearnings to skip all of that so I can hold this angel in my arms as quickly as humanly possible.  Which apparently is another 5 months or so... sigh...  

As far as my response when we found out it was a boy:  Complete surprise!  I really hadn't thought either way.  But without realizing it, I think I was swept away with so many people being absolutely convinced it was a girl.  So when I saw that little vienna sausage, proudly waving at Mommy and Daddy, I could hardly believe it!  Jim grinned from ear to ear and said "There's our James!  There's our James!"

The doctor said everything looked good.  We watched his heart pumping blood in and out with all 4 chambers, saw his bladder, kidneys, even his eyeballs!  It really was incredible.  I also couldn't believe how much he was wiggling around and yet how little I could feel.  I had a bottle of OJ before we went in because he seems to dance more when I drink it.  The technician was so nice and let us just watch him flipping and turning and rolling... so amazing.  

It really was one of the most incredible things I ever seen.  I can't imagine what it will be like to hold him.  

6 comments:

Andrew Lewis said...

"So when I saw that little vienna sausage, proudly waving at Mommy and Daddy, I could hardly believe it!"

Possibly the best ultrasound comment I've ever heard (read).

I'm really happy for you guys. Really. You two are going to make fantastic parents, I have no doubts whatsoever.

By the way, is JWTV definitely his name?

The Via Colony said...

Oh I am SO excited for you guys. Congratulations on a wonderful report, a boy, healthy lungs and everything else.
5 months will go by so quickly you'll be surprised=)

Katie said...

Yeah!! I know that you have got to be thrilled! Now you can start buying all of those cute little blue things. Congratulations!

Susan Sene said...

Wow all these new little baby boys - so exciting!!! Love the pictures and am so glad all went well! I'll keep prayin for the lil guy - Razz. :)

Shawna Steenback said...

Yay, that's so great! Enjoy buying boy things!

Julie said...

Yay for a healthy baby BOY! I know how you feel ... I wanted a boy first so badly too - and I've loved every minute of it!