Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Words

SICK:  Jim has been feeling icky yesterday and today... he went to school anyway as he felt a little better this morning.  Shoot off a prayer if you think of it.  Dear Flu, You are unwelcome in our home.

NOSE:  Mine is perpetually congested.  Since about gestational week 13, I've been breathing through my nose at about 73%.  One of my biggest pet peeves.  I've heard it's a symptom of pregnancy...

PROVIDE:  God does.  Good gravy, does He EVER!!  A group of my girlfriends and I went out for dessert last night to celebrate James being, well, a boy.  Then they whipped out surprise gift cards for me to use for all things baby and maternity!  So humbled and grateful.

BUTTONS:  Mine won't close.  None of them.  This makes me even more grateful for the above gift!   :)

CHINESE FOOD:  My current craving.  Specifically egg rolls... yes, plural.

MAMA:  I miss mine.

BIRMINGHAM:  I'm going there this weekend to see my brother and his wife!!

WORK:  Need to get back to it...  

4 comments:

jim thompson said...

that was fun and sporadic.

The Via Colony said...

I've been craving egg rollS! too!! and yes, a stuffy nose is DEFINITELY a sign of pregnancy. Josh's mom always said she KNEW she was pregnant when she could no longer breather with her mouth closed=) So glad you had fun with your girlfriends. You are so blessed!

MomNixon said...

hey sara... don't know if you've tried this, but for the stuffy nose thing breathe right strips (or the walmart brand) worked WONDERS for me at night.

Hope you guys are getting better! Come visit Hickory Cove sometime!

Rita said...

Gosh, the nose thing! I had no idea that was a pregnancy thing!! My mornings make so much more sense now!!

(I'm recovering from a cold where I would wake up every morning with tons of JUNK in my nose. These days, I still can't breathe, but there's no junk. It's all making sense suddenly! I've been enlightened! Thanks, Sara (and Tasha!)) :-D