Wednesday, May 20, 2009

35 Weeks

I realized today that if God blesses us with a second child he or she will probably not have nearly the same "blog attention" as Baby James.  I'm sure that's just the nature of having babies, but it makes me a little sad.  [I know, can you believe I'm already talking about being pregnant again??  I actually really love it...]
Dr. Stafford told me that James is head down now which makes me absolutely giddy-happy.  There's always a chance that he can move or reposition, but for now, it seems that he's gearing up for the big dance.  Throughout the day I feel CRAZY feet movement right under my ribs.  I've read about the "pedaling" motion that babies do to position themselves downward... they just fail to mention how startling and VIOLENT it can be!  Babies can sometimes do some damage to mama's ribs, but thankfully it hasn't been that bad.  Yet.  

All in all, it's been a pretty uneventful few weeks.  Just enormous bursts of nesting here and there, some new, mild uncomfortable-ness, and an all around sense of puttering and preparing.  His room is just about ready and he has an abundance of love and kisses waiting for him!  

3 comments:

Donna C. said...

Ohhh, yes he does have an abundance of love and kisses waiting for him. Tears on my keyboard.

Susan Sene said...

oh you're so close! I can't wait to meet him!

The Via Colony said...

I'd love to see what his room looks like! You are almost to the finish line, woohoo=)