Wednesday, July 15, 2009

About 580

Thats about how many hours James has been outside of my womb. I have not lamented once that he is no longer in my belly. I know that some mothers have that sadness but their babies obviously aren't as cute as mine. (of course I'm kidding ;) Allow me to elaborate.

Right now I can see our beautiful boy past the edge of the laptop. He's sleeping in his bouncy seat with his hands delicately poised in mid air. His tiny foot is peeking out from under the blanket from earlier ooching*.
His lips and chin are my new Achilles heel. I can almost stand him crying until his chin begins to quiver. At that point, he could ask me for just about anything and it would be his. Good thing he can't speak yet...

Even his breathing is lovely. Little short breaths with a snort here and there. And every once in a while a perky little mouse squeak. Oh, but if you're really lucky, you'll hear The Sigh. The Sigh of contentment that reminds us all that "I-just-eat-sweet-mookie*-and-then-fall-into-a-coma-and-people-change-my-diaper".

Oh, wow. And just this moment, all of that peace was so rudely ruptured by an INCREDIBLY loud gastro-explosion. Seriously, I can't believe that this small human can actually compete with his father at champion cheese-cutting. But now of course, the sleep is even deeper...

He's so my favorite.

* ooch: v. to make nestling, snuggly movements to either (a.) get comfortable (b.) pass gas (c.) make your mom go bonkers over how cute you are
* mookie: n. breast milk - esp. the kind yielding drunken infants ... "mookie face", "mookied", "drunk off mookie"

7 comments:

jim thompson said...

ooching mookie squishy buddy james quincy the raspberry bullet, do you want an ibuprofen?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. You two are a mess!! He is so cute! GOSH, I can't wait to get mine!! :-D

The Via Colony said...

Holy Cow! He is so cute=) Sounds like you are adjusting like a champ...

RosieLayne said...

love it!! (and he is just beautiful!)

Unknown said...

LOL! I love your mommy-ness!

Susan Sene said...

haha Sara I love your descriptions/definitions

Dulos said...

I totally agree I was not a bit sad that Emmory was no longer in my belly...it felt so good to NOT be pregnant! And of course even better to be able to see my son. And it's so true that breast milk definitely produces drunken babies :)
~Shawna