Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I know it's impolite to talk about your dreams, cause no one really cares, but help me out with this one.

In the crowd of some sort of summer camp/worship service with teenagers and young college students. My eye catches an open doorway where a nondescript man is standing, then turns and leaves. I follow him. It was daytime in the worship service, but night outside. I also realize a handful of people have come with me. I don't know who they are but it doesn't matter.

I follow the man up a hill and into the woods. To the right, through some trees, I see a campfire with an old, yet robust looking man. We pass that fire and head to another one where there are 4 or 5 people around. One is eating a log (yes, eating it), another is dancing, and another is stoking the fire. We sit down and the one stoking the fire asks me what I want to do.

"Touch the fire"

"What do you think will happen?"

"It won't burn me"

"Then go ahead"

I reach into the fire, a little hesitantly. I realize that in fact it doesn't burn me, but just feels warm, and then scoop it into my hands like water and wash it over my face. Filled with a really strange happiness. The same person asks me what I want to do now.

"I don't know. I feel like there's more"

"Oh, you just need to eat"

She (he?) leads me further up through the trees and they open up into an enormous "room" of dripping lava and gold and water. I can't even begin to describe it. There's a new person at the edge of clearing that asks me, "Is he serious about it?" I know that they're talking about Jim.

"Oh, yes, he's very serious."

"Then you need to be, too."

Then I woke up.
________________

I remember "thinking" in my dream that the old man at the first fire was God and the second fire represented facets of the Holy Spirit (but what about the guy EATING a log??). I just don't know though. It was so vivid and terrifying and felt so important the entire time. When I woke up I played through the entire dream over again to be sure I didn't forget. I've never had this happen to me.

Of course, the night before, I had a dream that I was on a VERY awkward date with Scott Hamilton.

5 comments:

jim thompson said...

how fun. i'll interpret for you:

we get to love Jesus together.

AND,

don't go on dates with scott hamilton.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's a lot of detail! And weird details!! I want a dream that feels important! All mine are just silliness!

A seeker of THE Truth said...

Both John and Ezekiel are told to eat scrolls. I wonder this has anything to do with the part about eating a log?

Chet Andrews

Susan Sene said...

Haha I love Jim's comment. Vivid dreams sometimes mean you're pregnant ya know. ;)

Anonymous said...

eating a log could actually be jesus. he was crucified on a "log" of sorts, suffered for us so that we might be able to soak in the holy spirit.

i loved this dream... keep em comin!