Friday, February 5, 2010

James, at 7 months:

  • LOVES to eat. Green beans, rice cereal, carrots, squash, peas (blegh!), apples, blueberries, peaches, sweet potatoes, anything! If it's on a spoon near his mouth, he'll dominate it. I'm so thankful that *so far* he's been such a good eater.
  • Only wants to stand and walk around, with assistance of course. We try to have him on his tummy as much as possible so that hopefully he'll crawl first, but he HATES it. He'll just squirm around, pivoting 360 degrees, and reaching up for me, saying, "Eh, eh, eh, eh!!" It's pretty frustrating, because he could do so much exploring independently if he would crawl. He's still so young, but I can tell he's becoming curious about everything. But don't worry. I realize (in theory) the life-changing event that crawling or walking will be for Jim and me...
  • Is sleeping, is sleeping, is SLEEPING!! He almost gratefully goes to sleep at 6:30 pm and we don't hear a peep until around 7 am. It's beautiful.
  • Is still clinging to 40 minute naps. And I'm okay with that.
  • Giggles when you kiss him.
  • Waves!
  • Can put his pacifier in by himself.
  • Adores his daddy.
  • Is just the most precious little boy in the entire world.



5 comments:

Donna C. said...

So, so, so precious. I love the photo of his little chubby legs from the back walking with his daddy.

MomNixon said...

Hey sara... I just wanted to let you know, I read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child - based on your recommendation and it seems to be helping our 18-month old. He's putting himself to sleep for naps and bedtime where he used to be rocked forEVER... and he's sleeping through the night! He's always woken up several times at night and needed to be held back to sleep. Always. So, thanks! You're a lifesaver. :)

Also, about babies crawling... Russell didn't crawl 'til about 8 months... he hated being on his stomach and wanted to walk around... but then one day he just figured it out. And, it DID change our lives, but in an absolutely positive way. I was SO glad he could reach his own toys! I LOVED it when he could crawl. Wonderful.

Sarah said...

Re: Crawling

Remember, he's a BIG kid! He's got a lot of body for those little non-active abs to deal with, so it just might take him a little bit longer...and that's okay. :)

P.S. Whenever I see a kid his age and size roll into the clinic, I think "Oh, I'm not going to have to my arm exercises today"

Ruth@GraceLaced said...

Adorable, Sara.
ruth@gracelaced

Helen Joy said...

I love that picture of ya'll in the hallway.