Monday, March 1, 2010

James, at 8 months:

  • is still ooching/inchworming around. Every once in a while, he'll fully extend his arms and hold the crawling position. He's taking his time and I'm totally fine with that!
  • is still sleeping well. We had about a week where he was sleeping straight from 6:30 pm until 9:00 am. He's since gone back to waking up around 7:30, but MAN, that was crazy. I'd like to think that he was making up for his first 6 months of life.
  • has started to squeal more and I absolutely love it. Even if he's whining, it's just so cute to me.
  • thinks it's HILarious to 'raspberry' his food out of his mouth. If you're the lucky one feeding him, it's not always so funny.
  • has added puff snacks to his diet. Also, graham crackers, but that was of his own volition: one of mine that dropped to the floor. Nice.
  • has no thought or regard for Momma when Daddy gets home. The squeals, the jumping, the reaching, the grasping, the nuzzling. It's absolutely, positively, Daddy Time with no exceptions. I love it.
  • has taken his first baths by himself in the tub and loves it!
  • is slowly, but surely getting used to an apple juice bottle during meal times. It's been a long road, this bottle battle... but I'm pretty sure I'm winning. Gotta get some weight on this bod.
My precious boy. My sweet love. My 8 month Daymer-doo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, James!!

Susan Sene said...

what a big boy - and so stinkin cute! we need a play date soon! :)

Kellie Camp said...

I too am having the bottle battle. We cannot get Parker to take a bottle for anything. I've pretty much have given up.

Dulos said...

Sleeping til 9 sounds heavenly! Emmory usually wakes up at 7:30 too, but every once in a while he'll have a week where he'll sleep til 8, and even that extra half-hour is wonderful.
~Shawna

MomNixon said...

hey sarah... russell would never take a bottle and a sippy cup was confusing to him... he's been drinking consistently out of a straw cup since he was that age. supposed to be better for their teeth anyway.