Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Whirlwind of Happiness

This past week has been insane in the membrane. (Oh yes. I just said that.)

Literally, every single day on my calendar this week had at least one activity. That doesn't sound like a lot, I know. But some days there were more than two and when one has to organize feedings and naps and know that some of those will have to be rearranged and then in turn plan for the imminent backlash... it can get a little hairy.

But, Oh. Such wonderful activities they were! An extra tutoring session (a little extra dough, yay!), families crashing at our house for the wedding this weekend, a date at the park with friends, family coming to squeeze and love our sweet boy, dinner downtown with my love... it all added up to a din that made my pulse race a bit and my heart expand. In a good way.

Rushing this way and that is not a good routine to get into. But this week, ushering in the beeeautiful spring weather, I feel like I'm singing right along with these crazy birds - in a ecstatic burst of madness and gratefulness that the long winter is OVER!

2 comments:

Donna C. said...

Yaaaay - and come on down for R & R. You need to start packing 3 days from now, ya know.

The Via Colony said...

Woohoo for spring! Glad you've had such a fun week=)