Friday, April 2, 2010

As the days pass, I notice that...


...my body is getting more sore and tired and strained - rescuing him from sharp corners and electrical outlets.

But my heart is getting younger - renewed each morning with the washing of the Word and almost bursting when either of those boys look at me with love.

The heating pad is employed just about every evening - lifting him when it's time for meals or naps or comfort.

But it seems my heart is always warm - He was dead and then alive again. And I know that it's through His breath and life that I can lift anything at all.

...body is aging and heart is becoming new.

2 comments:

jim thompson said...

again... why i love thee :)

Joeli Mulligan said...

Such a wonderful sum-up of what being a mommy is like and where the strength to take on the titles comes from. Simply, beautifully profound!