Wednesday, April 28, 2010

James, at 10 months:

  • is a crawling MACHINE. I love hearing the "slap, slap, slap!" of his hands on our hardwood.
  • climbs up my legs, if I'm standing, or up me, if I'm sitting, so I'll pick him up.
  • loves when we crawl-chase him. He squeeeeeeals and giggles and crawls away as fast as he can when we say, "IIIII'm a-gonna getchu!" He gets all silly and out of breath and it makes me fall in love with him all over again.
  • is getting really good at pulling up, but not quite sure yet about cruising along the edges of furniture.
  • is starting to squat down slowly instead of just plopping onto his hynie. Or, thankfully, instead of falling onto his head.
  • loves cheese. But after a few - ahem - difficult diapers, we had to drastically cut back on the cheddar intake.
  • has other food favorites: yogurt, ANY fruit, graham crackers, rice cakes (which are hilarious to watch him eat - looks like he's eating a hub cap), veggie sticks (highly recommend), and carrots.
  • has some favorite toys: drums sticks (to his dad's delight), the kitchen broom, and his tricycle that he probably won't be able to ride for a few years. He just pushes it around the dining room for now.
  • is saying every consonant-a sound possible EXCEPT ma-ma. It doesn't bother me. No really... I promise. Only when I look at him and say, "James. Ma-ma-ma." And he looks at me, smiles and says, "Da-da-da-da-da-da!" Ha. Yes, very funny.
  • gets a kick out of seeing himself in the mirror.
  • gets really upset when Jim leaves for work in the morning. He crawls as fast as he can to Jim's office, comes back out, looks at me, and cries. So pitiful.
  • will be a year old in less than 2 months.
Whaaaaat???

4 comments:

Donna C. said...

Oh Sara. Thanks for that. I LOVE your updates.

Susan Sene said...

Ok I LOVE the last picture of you and James!!! You need to get that one printed for sure!

Jenn @ The 31 Years said...

The part about getting sad when Jim leaves...soo sweet.

The Via Colony said...

That last picture is SO cute! Thanks for the cute update.