Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Oy veh! Part 2

Even after my disclaimer in the previous post, warding off the P90Xers who were just itching to make fun of my feeble exercise routine, I still suffered attack. I know! Those meanies! I could hear the howls of laughter echoing down Interstate 385. You know who you are. And, yes ... I love you too.

But laugh no more, oh ye of little faith in my arms and legs of noodle --- I'm doin' YOGA!

(This was actually recommended by said P90Xers. So, really, I have to give them credit.)

Although now, on Yoga day 2, every poor, pitiful muscle in my body is quivering and yelling at me, "What in the WORLD are you thinking, lady???!!"

"Well, jelly muscles, I'm thinking that you've had your fun. All you do is sit there and it's high time you did some work around here. You're barely scraping by, these days!"

So we started with a 60 minute video on Netflix called Yoga for Health: Gastrointestinal Issues. I mean, c'mon. That's got my name all over it. There wasn't a level specified, but I'm pretty sure it's for beginners.

I love it. I didn't think it was possible, because it's so slow and calm and relaxed, but I've been in a complete sweat at the end of it. The Bow. SERIOUSLY??

And, hey - Sweat! That's new!

My back is still feeling great and my hamstrings are finally starting to loosen up. Maybe. A little.

So yay for Yoga!

(By the way, I don't need to clarify that I ignore all the om and bhavana stuff, do I? Good. Did you know that 'real' yogis were the like the boogeyman in Indian culture? Psshht... I just like the exercise.)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We love you but the laughs are still coming down from 385 :). Sara, the bow? You are not sweating from the bow...unless you have your space heater on to make it an at-home heat yoga session. Don't let Daniel give you a hard time about this because he cannot physically do the bow (that darn Erb's!). I actually do the om's and treat it like a massage for my vocal chords...and I like the excuse to get really loud for no reason. Some of the grounding stuff is good too, and I usually use that time as an opportunity to pray (even though sometimes it turns into a "God, please let me get through this inversion pose"). BUT I am proud of you, and I love you.

P.S. There's still time to sign up for the 5K on Friday :).

Susan Sene said...

I wanna do yoga too! I did some on the Wii Fit and I was the most tired after those than anything else. Can you be my yoga teacher?

The Via Colony said...

That's awesome! Tell ol' jelly muscles to take a hike. You are gonna get so tone and lean:) I do pilates and LOVE it! Windsor Pilates has some great 20 min. videos that are great if you don't have a ton of time to exercise...