Thursday, August 2, 2012

Satanic toilets.

James is a sensitive guy. He'll readily tell you that he does not like sirens or loud noises. I'm sorry to say that this trait is inherited directly from me.

He's also in the process of potty training. We're working on wearing his underoos all day now, even for outings. He's becoming a pee-pee and poo-poo extraordinaire.

Enter those new-fangled automatic sensor toilets that flush for you. I understand - sanitary, convenient, efficient... and utterly terrifying for a 3 year old boy who is learning to relax muscles so he can relieve his little bladder.


The Evil Eye

Imagine you are eye level with this unpredictable, roaring beast and you're expected to perform a most private of actions. Poor guy... we've escaped many a dangerous dungeon, my little knight shaking and scream-crying in fear, Mommy holding and hushing and apologizing up and down "I'm so, so sorry buddy. Will you forgive me? I didn't think it was a loud one."

For now, we're just sticking with manual potties until he's a little older so hopefully he won't develop a fear of all toilets. Any creative ideas on defeating these monsters?
 

4 comments:

Kellie Camp said...

You can't forget those jet engine hand dryers too. I don't know why they have to make public restrooms so scary.

Katie said...

Just carry stickers with you to put over the sensor, the toilet won't flush until you remove the sticker. I'm not really looking forward to potty training.

Susan Sene said...

Awww! My friend had the same problem with her little girl and she said she would just cover the sensor with her hand (without touching it) until her daughter was finished.

Sara said...

Thanks you guys! I tried covering the sensor once and it made it flush 4 times in a row, so I never did THAT again!

But now I'm starting to think it was just that toilet that was malfunctioning... definitely try that again :)