Friday, December 21, 2007

12-gauge skeet shot


It is such a cozy, cold, misty, moisty morning out there. I'm still in my robe, sitting in front of the space heater which smells a bit like it needs to be turned down before it melts the rug. My mom and dad arrive tomorrow from Florida for Christmas. It's going to be so good to get together with the fam again. My oldest brother only wanted ammo for shooting skeet and clay pigeons so that's what he got from me. As I carried the 15 pound brick of 12-gauge bullets through the sea of shoppers cutting me off in the "aisle traffic" at Wal-Mart I seriously contemplated throwing handfuls of ammo at everyone around me. Anna (my very best friend) calmly reminded me that they probably wouldn't blow up like I would want them to, just put everyone in even more of a frenzy. The hour and a half wait in line chilled me out.

I think I'll do my Christmas shopping in June next year.

2 comments:

andy lehman said...

sar,
i'm VERY interested in everything you have to say. keep blogging for sure. you have a subscriber in your buddy andy.

michael craft said...

I just got everybody gift cards this year. And also, Anna was wrong, the shotgun shells could have (theoretically) gone off if you had hit someone on the belt buckle in just right way.