Saturday, December 29, 2007

west palm beach is for lovers...


So I'm here in Florida at my mom and dad's for a few days since we're on holiday. It's absolutely gorgeous weather (low 80's), I sleep in, lay on the white sand with a crossword puzzle, Mama won't let me pay for anything, AND I'm eating like a queen. Best of all, I get to spend some time with my parents whom I've missed so terribly since they've moved. It's pure, unadulterated bliss... except for one thing. Jim isn't here with me.

He's leaving for California with his buds, Andy and Troy, on Saturday and I don't come home from Florida until Sunday so he couldn't do both. It's only been 3 days and I'm seriously asking myself how I'm going to make it until he comes home on the 7th. I didn't realize how intricately my days are woven in and through our relationship.

One of my best friends, Rachel, was just married in October to her husband, TJ. He was deployed to Iraq within the first two weeks of November. She won't see him again until the fall of 2009. Hows that for a little perspective?

4 comments:

michael craft said...

I am SO jealous.

Donna C. said...

Oh, it was bliss for us too. We always want our friends and family to come here and be restored like we have been. I was a little bit nervous about going back to my new job today, but it wasn't bad at all. I just have to keep reminding myself that I've only been there 2 weeks, they don't EXPECT me to know stuff.

Tripp said...

If I were married to Jim, I would miss him too.

Consider the fact you miss him a blessing...

jim thompson said...

sitting in hotel in san diego right now. andy and troy are asleep behind me. free wireless.

isle of view.