Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Jorts of Jim

I love my husband inexplicably.  He is my complement.  He is my giggles.  He is my crush and my ever-longing.  Many people meet him and very quickly realize that he could only have been created by a unique, powerful, and wonderful Maker.  He is my Jim.  

He also owns the most hideous pair of jorts on the planet.  

Having a fashion style of his very own, Jim cares very little about the latest trends and crazes.  His clothing choices are not usually battles that I choose.  However, the jorts strike a nerve that results in the deepest loathing and disdain that I have ever felt for anything... ever.  I wouldn't mind if he just wore them for work around the house, but they have been worn to various public functions.  I want to burn them, one thread at a time - which wouldn't take very long.  

What do you think?
                                 

5 comments:

jim thompson said...

do you see how my wife has to say all of this positive, butt-kissin, suck-up stuff before she rips my life apart about how fashion deficient i am. needless to say, i'm cut very deeply. she is now sobbing - as you're reading this - sobbing because she feels bad about what she wrote, but can't take it off her blog because despite her tears, she still finds it humorous.

i love her :)

Donna C. said...

Fashion deficient. I love it. They don't look obscene in the photo. She must be seeing something I don't. You have to get revenge somehow for having to be civilized and dressed up every day now.

Sara said...

my own mother! scheming against me! ;)

Sarah said...

Sara, I've seen these and they are awful. The jorts are the most ridiculous looking piece of clothing I've seen in a long time. Jim, please, for the love of all that is good and holy, stop wearing these. Before I read this, I thought, "Jim and Sara should come visit again soon", but then I remembered the jorts...

J.E. said...

LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!! Wouldnt wear them.... but cant imagine Jimbo wearing anything else!!!!! OF COURSE I remember you SARA!!!!