Friday, August 29, 2008

Keep the Home Fires Burning...


Rachel, one of my nearest and dearest friends, married a strapping young soldier last October. He was then quickly deployed to Iraq in November. Rachel has been so patient and trusting in her Father throughout the deployment (not without the expected tears and struggles, of course) and I'm so proud to be her friend.
I'm not sure how all of the military protocol works, but I do know that he is pretty high in rank and therefore had to wait a long time to take his leave. He finally heard that he will be coming home at the beginning of September! I can't imagine the relief and excitement of Rachel and his whole family. He'll be home for about a month, and then returns until February. Please pray that everything will run smoothly with his leave and that he and Rachel will get to really enjoy each other while he's home. Just a few more days!!


No comments: