Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Is This Really My Body?

I'm at Jim's and my favorite new little coffee spot.  It's family owned and really cozy... not to mention offers a really delicious vanilla latte.  And yes, it's decaf so my little Treasure won't suffer any adverse affects.  Although the gigantic cream cheese-and-carbohydrate danish that I'm dominating probably isn't doing much to help.  

Which brings me to my pregnant body update:  while my nausea is - praise God from whom ALL blessings flow! - waning, it's being replaced with insatiable hunger.  If you'll remember, I have been ravenous, but only here and there.  Now it's pretty much constant.  

I remember learning along the way that babies will eat about every 3 hours.  I've learned in the last few days that this does not begin at birth.  Mama Sara is eating every 3 hours.  Today, I've consumed cereal, an apple, a rice crispy treat, a tomato sandwich (sorry, I like to eat weird things even not pregnant), a handful of baby carrots, and this enormous cream cheese danish.  It's actually looking like a light day so far for me.  Of course that's not counting the Wheat Thins that I graze on all day at my desk.  

Anyway, my posts are becoming more and more biological, and for that, I apologize... but it really is what is looming large in my little life right now.         

P.S.  Baby is the size of a lemon now, measuring from head to little hynie.  It's features are beginning to sharpen and become distinct.  I continue to be amazed at this Miracle that God is wonderfully and fearfully creating inside of me.  

3 comments:

Coty said...

I totally love your updates, Sara! Don't worry too much about the eating. You won't believe how much you'll lose in the first three to four days postpartum. Well, only to be gained back in your boobs. LOL

Katie said...

I love hearing the updates about the little one. We should expect to see some belly shots soon then... Right...
I wish we saw each other every Sunday, then I could get the update in person.

By the way, when you log on to Blogger, it gives you a running count of how many posts you have done. That's how I knew I was on 100.

Beka Dean said...

i can't even focus on the post. that tomato sandwich looks positively delectable!!!!

love your face!