Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cross Stitch Nesting

As I scrubbed the baseboards on my hands and knees of our entire house a few days ago, I thought, "Wait a minute... this isn't me at ALL."  I think I'm beginning to taste the first sporadic  stages of nesting.  

Just in time for this current obsession, I received a huge box in the mail from my mother containing the most beautiful cross stitch quilt (also a dear baby sling that my she sewed for Raspberry and me).  Oomah, my grandmother, created this treasured piece of art and it has officially begun it's heirloom-journey through future generations.  

I love the idea of passing this precious item on to my daughter or daughter-in-law one day.  I was able to happily nest away the morning as I meticulously laid it out on our guest bed.  Here it is!





The last photo shows Oomah's signature and the date, making it a true piece of art.  Love it!
       

2 comments:

Donna C. said...

So beautiful. Thank you honey for sharing a special moment.

Susan Sene said...

I LOVE quilts!