Friday, May 1, 2009

Reminders of Why He's Perfect For Me


About 2 weeks ago, Jim upgraded his cell phone.  The model that he chose came with a $50 rebate which arrived in the mail on Wednesday.

Rebates are tricky.  While it really is the money that you spent, it still feels like Christmas morning when they send you a "free" Visa card for $50.  Since we deemed this money "extra", a Thompson date night was in order.  This usually looks like a matinee movie and dinner at a moderately priced restaurant.  But wait!  Date nights come with movie popcorn and drinks too, lest you think we're stingy....... which would be accurate :)   

The Soloist was an absolutely beautiful film.  Yes, film.  Not movie.  When you call it a "film" it sounds more artsy and intelligent.  Example:  None of the Fast and Furious movies are known as films.  Ever.  Go here for a link to my brother-in-law's review.

When we got home, it was still early (matinee, remember?) but we felt audio-visualled out and we didn't really want to plop down in front of the boob-tube.  This was the part of the night that made me treasure and adore my husband even more.  

We laid on the living room floor (well, kind of - I was on my pregnant lady ball doing exercises) for the longest time just giggling and being silly.  We kept trying to think of things to do, like Boggle or Scrabble or some card game until we both realized that we were perfectly content to just be there and enjoy each other's company.  It really was the sweetest time.  At about 9:15 we said, "Welp, let's bo to ged!".  If you know us at all, you realize that this is a normal way of saying "go to bed"...  Poor James is going to have a hard time learning the English language, I'm afraid.

Anyway, it was one of the best nights I've had in a long time with my sweet man.  Every day is wonderful with him, but this was a lovely night.  God is certainly the Giver of all good things.      

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw! I love those kinds of "dates" -- they're the best!! Haven't had one in a while. I remember shortly after we moved into our house, we made a big pallet on the floor, ignored all the unpacked boxes and other "stuff" that really "needed" to happen, and watched Simpsons reruns and then just laid there and talked. Such a great night! So simple!

gracelaced said...

That's so sweet, Sara. Date nights still happen when you have kids...it just means you may have to stay in from time to time. (I was thinking bout you today, and praying that your pregnancy was going well. You look great! Praise the Lord.)

Donna C. said...

Let me see your belly - you must be huge.

Unknown said...

I saw a comment you made on http://helenjoygeorge.blogspot.com/2009/05/4-years-ago.html?showComment=1365197542608#c772483592479165331. I recently started a blog titled 'Our Extraordinary Love.' The idea is for people to send me their love stories so that I can share them on my blog. I'm hoping that by doing so, I will inspire people to love a little more and let them know that real love does exist, in all forms. I was wondering if you and your husband would want to share your love story..

You can find way more info on the blog:
http://ourextraordinarylove.blogspot.com/

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and I would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

-Candace