Thursday, August 6, 2009

All Binkys Go To Heaven

When I was in first grade, we had to put our Welsh corgy, Binky, to sleep. I was so distraught at school the next day that my brilliant teacher pulled me aside, gave me a stack of paper, and told me to write a book about it. So without further adieu, the story of Binky's passing ... complete with transcription and commentary :)

"My family loved Bingcky very, very, much. And I loved her too." The red circle on Binky's hind quarter was the wound from getting hit by a car. In the top corner are our ages (Binky 13, Matt 11, Mikey 7, me 6, Dad 36, Mom 37). We really did have triple bunk beds and they were awesome.

"This was the 3rd time she got hit by a car! And she could not hear." Which was why she was struck in the first place :(

"So we had to put her to sleep!" Notice the cross on top of the vet... interesting. Only Dad took Binky, then brought her home to bury her.

"There is a dogwood by her grave! She was in pane."

"It was very, very, sad when she died, but soon we will get a new puppy." This scene was perfectly accurate. Matt was leaning against a bent tree as daddy dug Binky's grave. She was in a thick, black plastic bag.

My dad found this while cleaning out some old papers. What a treasure. Mrs. Belk was a fantastic teacher, and I'm certain Binky is in doggy heaven, paddling around a pristine lake near a mountain of chestnut trees.

5 comments:

jim thompson said...

so happy :)

GNS said...

What a treasure indeed! I have heard many stories about Binky! Gabe loved Binky too. In fact whenever we see a Corgy, Gabe tells me a story about Binky and what a great dog he was.
Very sweet blog post. Thanks for sharing. xoxoxo

MillerFourWays said...

Such neat handwriting you had, too!

Susan Sene said...

awww that is so sad :(

Anonymous said...

You had VERY neat handwriting!!

Binky is in heaven with our old dog, Keiko. She was the best! A bassett house / blue tick mix. Kyle had her when we first married. She was a great dog.