Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Beach = Taste of Heaven

Jim and I just returned from a glorious time with his family at the beach. I love my son with all of my heart, but it was so nice to have Jim's parents snuggle him for a few hours - many times - so we could go play (movies, beach, lazy river, pool, etc.). It was perfect.

This was James' first road trip and he was fantastic! The 4 hour trip down was without dramatic event. He slept most of the way and ate dinner in a dark gas station parking lot (in the back seat with mama, of course).

We got to use the new pack n' play (thanks, Dundor and Dar!) and he slept GREAT in it.

We hoped to get a picture of him actually on the beach... but it didn't happen... so sad, I know. I think he'll enjoy it more when he's a little older. Right now he'd probably squish up and give us his angry face when the salty wind blew sand between his rolls. I wouldn't blame him.

The trip home was a little more exciting. A lap diaper change parked under an interstate overpass revealed an astounding 5-baby-wipe blow out. I think we ALL had road belly...

Other than that, James was a champ and it yielded a much-needed relaxing time for his mama and daddy. We're so thankful to Jim's parents for such a great time.

Cheers to beach vacations!

JWT 3 and JWT 5

James and his sweet Nonna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:siiiigh: I want a lovely beach vacation! :-D Glad you guys had a relaxing time with the family.