Saturday, October 24, 2009

I've Acquired Some MORE New Skills...

Read here about the skills I acquired while pregnant.

While a lot of these are still in the making, here are a few I've added as a new Momma:
  • Whittling down the time it takes to get out the door from 20 min. to about 3
  • Diaper changes in pitch darkness
  • Sleeping on my back because it's easier to get out of bed from a deep sleep
  • Holding him in my arms just right so his arm is around my side and not crushed or twisted
  • Putting him in his car seat without bashing his head
  • Putting him in his car seat and buckling in, like, 45 seconds
  • Learning that he likes to be held facing outward so he can see stuff
  • Supplying a full course "meal" in the 2x2 foot space in the back seat of the Honda
  • Telling the difference between a pain cry, ooching cry, hungry cry, tired cry, etc. (still honing that one... not as easy as I expected)
  • Knowing where every creaky floorboard is located in our entire house
  • No more theater movies. Netflix is king.
  • Living a very full and happy life, sleep deprived
  • Realizing that Saturdays are not the Saturdays of yore
  • Trying to pray specifically and a WHOLE lot more
  • Praying that I won't pray for selfish reasons (i.e. "Please Lord, let him sleep so I can watch this dumb thing on TV")
  • Realizing HOW patience is given. Definitely not the magical osmosis way I had hoped for.
  • Realizing that this is probably the greatest and most wonderful adventure we could have ever embarked upon.


3 comments:

Donna C. said...

You are super mom, indeed.

Susan Sene said...

love these - thanks for sharing. I look forward to acquiring simliar skills soon :)

The Via Colony said...

I love these. You are a quick learner;)