Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lately.



Hmmm.... So it's really become harder and harder to post consistently. I think it's because I'm becoming more of a Momma and less of a survivor. I hope this makes sense. I feel like I'm starting to enjoy being a mother instead of just trying to eke out an existence as one.

Every day he's making his requests known more clearly. I'm finally able to distinguish between his cries. Plus, when something makes him happy, he lets us know! I know it sounds selfish and a little narcissistic, but it's SUCH A RELIEF! I'm remembering now hearing that 6 months old is a "fun age" and it's so true.

Being a first time mom is so hard. But, man... lately I've really had to watch how tightly I squeeze him ;)

5 comments:

The Via Colony said...

Yeah for 6 months. That was such a turning point in time with our first too! Way to hang in there...he is SO cute=)

Sarah G said...

I always look forward to your new posts.... so sweet and honest, they often bring tears to my eyes. I love how you said you have to watch how hard you squeeze him. James is so blessed to have such a wonderful mother.

Anonymous said...

He's a cuuuutie!! I wanna pinch his cheeks. Glad things are continuing to look up.

Susan Sene said...

I feel the same way - although she's only half that. :) But it's SO awesome when you feel human again and can enjoy their personality comin thru! I can't wait to see you guys again!

Helen Joy said...

I remember the day that I realized I could enjoy him and not just make it through the day alive. 6months on is the best ever ever ever.
BABY PROOF YOUR HOUSE NOW!!!!