Friday, May 28, 2010

James, at 11 months:

  • is becoming SO affectionate. I just die every time he squeezes my neck with his 8-inch fluffy arms. Then I die again when he plants a big 'ol wet one right on my chin, cheek, forehead, or wherever he happens to land.
  • says ma-ma! It started as a sort of sucking-on-his-bottom-lip-followed-by-an-AH! sound but now it's definitely, without a doubt, genuine, pure, Mama. I'm his Mama.
  • holds the record for standing by himself for 22 seconds.
  • still plays with his favorite drum sticks.
  • knows what 'no' means. He used to giggle at me, I guess because our voices would get so low and different, but now he's actually crawled to me and cried/pouted when he's gotten an big 'no-no'. It's pretty incredible that it actually works! For now...
  • is showing us that he's pretty sensitive (like me I think). He gets very quiet and contemplative in big crowds and isn't too fond of dogs (especially if it's energetic. This is okay, though; Jim and I are not really animal people).
  • although he's not crazy about big crowds, he loves the attention of a small group of people. He has this incredibly cheesy smile where he tilts his chin up, squints his eyes, and grins with his 5.5 pearly whites. It's awesome.
  • eats just about everything we eat as long as it can be cut into bits. He's still a great eater.
  • loves to offer you whatever he's eating or drinking - slobber and all.
  • is my treasure.
Walking with his 'Nonna' at the beach on Memorial Day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been missing the James updates!! :) Hope the Thompsons are doing well! It's SUMMERTIME!!! Yay for more Daddy Time!

Jenn @ The 31 Years said...

This is the sweetest. We need to have a summertime playdate! Our neighborhood has a pool...yall are welcome to come over. And Landon can sit up now :)

The Via Colony said...

Beautiful picture and sweet update! Maybe one day our kids can meet and play together:)