Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why am I shocked?

... that this morning I specifically prayed "God I need your strength today, so much,"

And around 1:00 pm, right before kids' nap time, I was chugging along like I was still 8:30-fresh? It struck me as I swept lunch crumbs from the floor and didn't feel like I was about to collapse.

Even though I'm getting bigger-pregnant. Even though I didn't fall asleep until midnight. Even though I woke at 6:00 am.

And I'm shocked that He hears me. I'm shocked that He cares. And I suppose deep down, if I'm honest, I'm still shocked that He's even real.

   

1 comment:

GNS said...

I like being "shocked" or I should say surprised by love. It may be a point of theological tension but a thesis of a priest that I heard a year or more ago resonates constantly in my mind and heart: The Opposite Faith is Not Doubt, But Certainty". I dig it.