Monday, December 22, 2008

Update!

I just wanted to quickly update the blogosphere of Thompson happenings:

I just returned from a glorious weekend to Charleston with my two best childhood friends, Rachel and Anna.  Anna just graduated (cum laude!) from USC so we had to celebrate!  We ate our weight in seafood, walked the days away, giggled the nights away, and cried about silly/happy/sad things like babies and husbands and "adult life"... these girl getaways are vital no matter how old we get. (Pictures coming soon!)

Jim and I are about to dive head first into a whirlwind of Christmas happiness.  Get this schedule:  Tuesday, we head to his parents to visit family and celebrate on Christmas Eve.  From there, we fly to FL on Christmas Day to squeeze the heck out of my parents (I miss them SO much!).  This sailboat miraculously fell into their laps as a gift from the Giver of all good things.  Really, it was almost free and they are beside themselves with giddiness - I can't wait for a sail either!



The Florida trip should also yield much snorkeling, 80 degree temperatures, good food and lots of snuggling and hugs with my Mama and Daddy... why are they so far away?!!  Truly though, a nicer destination is not to be found.

We fly back on New Years Day (not yet home to Greenville) to go directly to our dear friend Joy's wedding on Jan. 2.  Jim and I are both in the wedding party so hopefully we won't be sunburned lobsters!  

Finally we'll limp home with sleepy smiles, full bellies, and lots of Christmas memories - all reminding us that this crazy, joyful love of family and friends is entirely because of the eternal gift that came in Jesus Christ, a perfect lamb, born to be a sacrifice.      

2 comments:

Katie said...

The blogosphere has missed you! I hope you and Jim have a wonderful Christmas!

The Via Colony said...

Merry Christmas...can't wait to see pictures=)