Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm Anti-Almanac

"April and May will be warmer than normal, on average, with a wet April, followed by a dry May.  Summer will be cooler than normal, on average, despite a warm June.  The hottest periods of the summer will be early and mid-June and early July.  Rainfall will be well above normal in the south."

If you'll notice the bold selections from the Farmer's Almanac above, you'll see that the weather will be conveniently BLAZING when I'm in the last weeks of my pregnancy (due date is June 22).  Jim and I have already had a serious discussion of how I behave when I'm hot.  It's not pretty.  Every crabby, whiney, and cranky shred of Sara surfaces almost uncontrollably when I get hot and sticky.  I'm not proud of it.

I'm pretty sure we're going to need to invest in a three-foot blow up pool in order to avoid unnecessary marriage counseling. 

5 comments:

Danielle Sorrells said...

I react the same way when I'm hot...

Rita said...

Selfishly, I'm very happy to read this. :-D

But for you, I am sorry. :( (that's a genuine frown. I promise)

I'm the same way when I'm hot. And if I had a dollar for every person who said, "Late August baby in South Carolina!? That wasn't smart planning, was it?" I'd be able to ... at least go out to eat somewhere nice! :)

Beka Dean said...

don't worry. i'll come over and run through the sprinkler with you anytime you want. that's how much i love you! :)

GNS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GNS said...

I'll be in the same boat! Only here in Japan there is no air-conditioning in offices and most homes (our home being one without)and I will be 8 months pregnant during the hottest month of the year here. I feel your pain! But it will all be worth it when we get to hold our little miracles in our arms, right?