Sunday, March 15, 2009

NILD Conference

I just got home from the National Institute for Learning Development's winter conference in Orlando.  NILD created the program of educational therapy that my center uses.  Every time I'm able to attend these conferences, I'm consistently revived and rejuvenated in what I do.  I truly feel called to these amazing students. 

What's more, NILD's foundations are Christ-centered.  The program began in Norfolk, Virginia's Christian schools.  I felt so blessed and encouraged to open the conference by singing "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and to close with "Oh, For 1,000 Tongues to Sing" in a cappella voices.  Click here to learn more about the NILD's educational therapy.  It's truly an amazing intervention for students that struggle every day in school.   

(That's the Crowne Plaza where I lived for a few days :)

2 comments:

Donna C. said...

I miss you already, but soooo glad we got to see you and feel James - little wild thang. Will see you in April - yahoo!

Andrew Lewis said...

I'm glad to read those last two sentences of the first paragraph. That's a special calling, for sure.

Also, there's a pretty good chance I helped write or edit the website for that hotel.