Monday, September 21, 2009

My Cute Little Unpredictablilty

His name is James.

So as soon as my sleep schedule *graciously* caught up with his (6 and 7 hour stretches), we arrive at a growth spurt. And suddenly, every 2.5 or 3 hours it's GRUB TIME - day or night. But it's okay! Hey, I actually found myself almost reminiscing about the good ol' nights when that was the norm. I think this is also making him a little more grumpy during the day. No screamin' or hollerin' - just little complaints that seem to echo my thoughts exactly: "Heeeey, wait a minute! Where did all those delicious hours of sleep go?? Meh!"

The rumor is that growth spurts usually only last a few days, so we're gonna muscle through.

In other news, he's liking tummy time a little more each time. It so illegally cute to me when his elbows are tucked up under him and his little skinny neck streeeetches up, lifting up his chest, more and more. I just love it.

Gotta charge our camera batteries so I can show you. :)

4 comments:

The Via Colony said...

We just got done with a growth spurt. 3 days! I know EVERY part of me is ready for a break:)

Helen Joy said...

We call that turtle neck!:-) So cute! Pretty much same here, just when we are feeling normal...something changes. This week has been exact opposite of the glorious hours of sleep we were getting last week. It'll come back around. At least I get a lot of extra cuddle time.

Dulos said...

The thing I have learned about babies is they are always changing...you get one schedule down and then they are on to the next, ugh! I remember E went through a growth spurt and it was horrible, he was extra fussy and didn't sleep much at all (they say they either sleep a lot more or a lot less than normal, well he was a lot less)...but you're right it only lasted a few days, hang in there!

Dulos said...

~Shawna (not Mark)